When you write a compare and contrast you must look at both sides. The similarities and the differences are important and must be balanced. For example if you are comparing FDR to Hitler during World War II, you need to have an equal amount. You could discuss the military, politics, and the style of leadership. There will be similarities and differences.
If you have a template or you have an example to follow, you can see exactly what you should be doing or should not be doing. These tools will save you. You do want to get the best possible essay samples that you can find.
Tips for Looking
- You should first ask your teacher if he or she has a model for you.
If your teacher does not have a model, then march down to the media center. Once there, go to the reference section where you will find compilations of essays. You can’t take the books out, but you can make copies of the essays.
If you have a working relationship with a professional writing company, then you may ask them for a comp sample piece. If they will not comp it for you, they will probably charge you at a minimal fee.
- Make sure that before you pick the topic, you ensure that there is really the right amount of information. You need to research the subject before you select it. If you have a topic that has tons of similarities but no comparisons or vice versa, then you do not have a solid paper.
- You can mix the two ideas in paragraphs or you can separate them. If you were to separate them, your paragraphs may be the introduction, the comparison paragraph, the contrast paragraphs, and then the conclusion. It is easier to write when you do separate them by paragraphs. If you can find a model that does this, then you can follow the example paper as you write the composition.
- If you have a writing tutor, he or she should be able to provide you with the samples, examples, and models that you need. He or she should also be able to give you templates to follow.
- Any reputable .edu or.org site online should be able to give you the things you need to use as guides as you write.