Security Update: 27th December 2012
A security evaluation has revealed a critical security issue and we are releasing a critical security update today to patch this issue.
We are providing a patch for IP.Board versions 3.4, 3.3, 3.2, and 3.1. Version 3.1 is end of life for support but we are still providing the patch for the convenience of clients who have not yet upgraded. If you are running a version less than 3.1 you should upgrade to get this and other security enhancements.
Patching is very easy:
- Identify the version of IP.Board you are running.
- Download and unzip the appropriate patch file below that matches your version.
- Upload the contents of the zip to your IP.Board home directory
ipb34_dec27.zip 13.4K 267 downloads
Please be advised that if you use IP.Converge, it has also been updated to resolve a similar security issue, and to ensure compatibility with the patches being released today for IP.Board. IP.Converge is no longer officially supported and is "use at your own risk". To patch your IP.Converge installation, simply download the full package from the following URL, unzip to your computer, and then upload the contents of the "upload" folder to your server, overwriting the existing files present.
IP.Converge Login Module
Please be advised that if you use IP.Converge, and you upload the updated IP.Converge package referenced above, you will also need to upload the following updated IP.Converge login module. Download the following patch, unzip to your local computer, and then upload the auth.php file to your server at admin/sources/loginauth/ipconverge/, overwriting the existing file.
ipconverge_login_module.zip 3.18K 27 downloads
- When you apply the security update the bulletin in your AdminCP will still display. We keep the bulletin in place for at least a week after a security release.
- Our main software packages accessed via the client area have already been updated with this security update.
- If you are an IPS Hosting client your community will be automatically patched.
View the full article