- IPS Skins
- → Highest Reputation Content
Highest Reputation Content
Posted by Claire H on 04 April 2012 - 08:19 AM
Just wanted to check in about a few bits and pieces that have come up during testing:
1. "Number in chat" indicator - the little red square that usually comes up in the top, right-hand corner of the "Chat" tab, indicating how many are in the chatroom, is turning up in the very top, right-hand corner of the browser window (screenshot). The bug shows up on both my test site and my new live site.
2. Is there an easy way to change the size and style of the title font for topics? The large, all-caps titles (particularly with long titles and error messages) can look quite overwhelming. I'd love to either not have them in all-caps or even use small-caps. I'm happy to edit the template, I'm just hoping there's one central place to make changes.
3. I love that the alternating colour for the help files, calendar, blog headers, etc... is a lighter shade of whatever has been chosen in the colour picker Is there any way we can follow on with this for third party mods like Social Groups? I notice that it works for Tutorials - not sure if that's your doing, or if Michael has written it to pick up what's being used elsewhere, but if it's possible to explain how to apply the same to other extensions, that would be perfect.
4. Emoticons - when you click on "Show all", the dialogue box has very wide formatting (initial screenshot, wide dialogue box screenshot) - is there a way to bring this back to normal?
5. I've copied over the necessary file, but just wanted to flag that blog_external.png was missing from /forums/public/style_images/whispers33build1/blog/ and I've noticed several others are as well. I only copied the one file - I haven't seen any other broken links, so not sure if they're necessary - but thought it was worth mentioning, in case they need to be added in.
Let me know if you need access to anything (the site is visible at http://tilthedawn.org ) or if I can help with any extra information.
Apologies for any newbie questions, and thank you so much!!
Posted by Ajouz on 04 September 2012 - 02:19 PM
this issue can happened when posting large images when the width of board is small .
I suggest to increase the width of skin .
is there a live preview to this problem ?
Posted by B.Money on 26 August 2012 - 05:11 PM
Posted by ZaIeD on 25 August 2012 - 08:28 PM
File Name: Ahebba Skin
File Submitter: ZaIeD
File Submitted: 25 Aug 2012
File Category: Member downloads
This is a free IPB Skin originally designed by Khalied Yousif for IPB v3.0
It's now updated by me to v3.3
This version is only for RTL communities..
If you want a full compatible LTR version, just contact me or Mr Ajouz via PM or via clients area
for only 7 USD
Click here to download this file
Posted by istratebogdan on 13 August 2012 - 08:33 AM
The slider doesn't work properly when logged out. Check www.cg-space.com. You can only see the first slider and the last.
If you log in , everything works fine.
Any ideea what might cause this ?
There are also some little display bugs on the social icons and the slider buttons - in chrome only(not firefox).
Posted by istratebogdan on 12 August 2012 - 06:21 PM
Maybe it was because i changed the nameservers last night
So obviously that wasn't a skin related issue. Sorry.
What about the second part of my first post ?
Any hints / tips where i can do that from ?
Posted by Ajouz on 12 August 2012 - 05:48 PM
thanks for your post .
uploader work fine for me , I just edit your post and uploaded an image !
can you please explain more about this problem ?
Posted by istratebogdan on 12 August 2012 - 05:15 PM
Your work on MAXX skin it's just amazing and i'm very happy that i found it, especially that i m not a web developer with much web programming experience.
I only hope you will be there in future too and have the required financial support to do that, and if not, i think there are friendly people who can help a lot.
For now, i have an issue with the skin. All works cool except the uploader.
I can't make any uploads in a topic that i edit.
Also, if i want to change the background and fonts for forums and article boxes in IP.Content(homepage).
I will need to change the collor of the text editor too to match it with the skin theme/collors.
For changing these collors i will have to change the default templates ? or change the MAXX templates ?
Bogdan Peter Istrate. ( www.cg-space.com )
Posted by nightfox on 07 August 2012 - 05:55 PM
Posted by Kelson on 30 July 2012 - 08:38 PM
When you combine the look of the skin, the compliments that have already been showered upon my site because of it, and the fantastic support - I simply have to recommend this skin to everyone else.
My only regret is that I didn't realize that MaxxLight was being released. I think it would have been a better fit for my site. Oh well, now I know what my next purchase will be once I get paid again.
I have already recommended Maxx to several friends. I recommend it to everyone who is reading this!
Posted by Starbuck on 21 July 2012 - 03:57 PM
In fact you get the same sort of screens when you buy any skin from your store. Please remove the requirement for the "Installaction URL" so I can proceed with checking out.
Posted by Trottimus on 16 July 2012 - 09:05 PM
Both the header and the social media buttons are sorted, thank you!
Regarding the visual glitch, it doesn't happen every time, but it can occur on any page when just scrolling down on the page. I wish I had more details, I've yet to reproduce the error again since the last post.
On a different note: Is it possible to set a default background image for all users, while still giving them the ability to change it? Is it also possible to have different background images and theme colours for different pages too?
Posted by Trottimus on 16 July 2012 - 07:58 PM
Firstly, great job with the skin. We love it!
We're preparing to change our default skin to this one, but we have a few things that need changing if possible:
- Is it possible to replace the default header text with an image?
- We sometimes get this graphical error http://gyazo.com/251...dd7e3629255925b which requires a refresh of the page to fix (Chrome browser)
- The social media button hook - Is it possible to bring back the search bar next to it. Is it also possible to remove some of the social icons we don't need?
Posted by Claire H on 06 April 2012 - 12:15 AM
Another little glitch that Social Groups may be contributing to (I didn't have cause to add any specific moderators until I started using it, but I get the error for normal forums now as well), is a purple line at the top of the window, stretching the full width of the window, with information about forum mods - this is the screenshot of what it looks like, and a second screenshot with the text highlighted so you can read it.
The full text is simply:
This forum led by Claire
eta charset="UTF-8" /> This forum led by beta1
If you can't reproduce it, I may need to get rid of Social Groups and try again, but I thought I'd mention it here first, in case you knew what was going on.
Posted by Claire H on 05 April 2012 - 02:29 PM
Tutorials following ips layout system , so it is compatible with the color picker , groups app : it seemed that the author does not follow ips layout system exactly ,
anyway I may able to provide you with some hints to make it compatible with colorpicker , so please let me know exactly the positions where you want to apply it
There may be others I haven't come across yet, but the two that I have found have been:
- div class "row2 general_box" (I think); eg. at http://tilthedawn.or...wn-under-ausnz/
- A heading style that uses the dark background colour, but then black text, as in this screenshot. The code for the "Understanding the banner" strip is below. I'd be happy to either make the background lighter or make the text black.
<h3 style="background-image: initial; background-attachment: initial; background-origin: initial; background-clip: initial; margin-top: 0px; margin-right: 0px; margin-bottom: 0px; margin-left: 0px; background-color: rgb(115, 13, 112); border-top-color: rgb(115, 13, 112); border-right-color: rgb(115, 13, 112); border-bottom-color: rgb(115, 13, 112); border-left-color: rgb(115, 13, 112); background-position: initial initial; background-repeat: initial initial; ">Understanding the Banner</h3>
Posted by Ajouz on 28 August 2012 - 10:39 PM
open the template globalTemplate
<body id='ipboard_body' class="">replace by
<body id='ipboard_body' class="style3">or style4, style5 , ...
I will update the package soon and add a setting to choose default background in admin panel